Break out your favorite party outfit and your best tennies for a night of fun to benefit the Champaign Park District Jimmy John’s Youth Scholarship Program!
Here are 6 ways helping kids can be so fun at Ties & Tennies:
1. In addition to a delicious meal, 2 drink vouchers, and the joy of helping kiddos in our community, every Ties & Tennies ticket purchased will be placed in a raffle to win 4 tickets to see ANY show at the Virginia Theatre in 2020 (must be present to win). You read that right…ANY show!
2. Our culinary line up will have your taste buds dancing with fun:
3. Back by popular demand is the Wheel Barrel of Fun Raffle! We will have an actual wheel barrel full of wine, beer, and spirits for $20 per raffle ticket or 3 for $50.
4. Test your luck with the adult version of this fun childhood carnival game-The Wine Pull!
We will have 50 different bottles of wine ranging in value from $20-$100 for you to win! Select a cork from the board and win the matching bottle of wine. For $20 per pull, no one loses in this fun game of chance!
5. We will be raffling off various baskets full of fun! Find a basket of goodies you like and place as many $5 raffle tickets (or 5 tickets for $20) you like in the corresponding container. The more raffle tickets entered, the better your chances!
6. We will have fun live performances from our record-breaking Youth Theatre Frozen Jr. cast, the elegance and grace of our Dance Arts Conservatory, and once again we’ll have the musical styling of Randy Salman Trio!
By purchasing tickets for Ties & Tennies, you are helping to make the community a better place for our children to grow.
How does the Jimmy John’s Youth Scholarship Program help children in our community?
For many families facing financial hardships, fun recreational & leisure activities are left on the back burner unless provided help. Having access to the Jimmy John’s Youth Scholarship Program means the opportunity for children to express their creativity in a cultural arts class, have a safe place to go afterschool, compete on a sports team, or simply socialize with friends. We need your support to go beyond and make an impact today!
The impact of 2 Ties & Tennies tickets can last a whole week for a kiddo looking for a safe and fun place to connect this summer. Here are some other ways your donation can impact the children in our community:
|Donation Amount||Program Information||Jimmy John's Scholarship||Impact|
|$5||Cool Experience/Ment-$10||covers 50% of registration fee||A young child can experience science experiments first-hand and enhance critical thinking skills all while socializing with their friends and making new ones.|
|$10||Youth Soccer League 2 Team Jerseys-$12/each||cover 50% of jersey cost (in addition to registration fee)||Parent is able to afford program fee and additional fees associated with the program. Child is able to be physically active, learn how to follow rules, listen to a coach and fellow teammates, build relationships and teamwork, and gain confidence and self-esteem.|
|$25||80's Prom Night with Mom- $26/ticket||covers 50% of child's ticket price||Mother of 2 can afford to bring both children to program.|
|$50||Youth Theatre presents Disney's The Jungle Book Kids-$100||covers 50% of registration fee||Child can build confidence/self-esteem, gain public speaking skills, nutrish creativity in a safe/welcoming space, and be able to perform on stage with their friends.|
|$100||Leonhard Recreation Center Afterschool Program-$200/month||covers 50% of registration fee||Child can have a safe & welcoming place to go afterschool giving peace of mind to parent &/or caregivers for an entire month.|
How can you go beyond and help our community grow?
Attend our philanthropic event: Ties & Tennies-Thursday, January 9, 2020!
Unable to attend but what to still help children our community? We are always accepting donations.