The Champaign Park District exists to serve the residents of Champaign, Illinois. We value transparency, community participation, and accessibility of information.
Annual Budgets >>>
The Champaign Park District posts annual budgets for public viewing. For questions, please contact the Director of Finance, Andrea Wallace by emailing email@example.com or call 217-819-3826.
- Annual-Budget – FY 20-21 >>
- Annual-Budget – FY 19-20 >>
- Annual-Budget – FY 18-19 >>
- Annual-Budget – FY 17-18 >>
- Annual-Budget – FY 16-17 >>
- Annual-Budget – FY 15-16 >>
- Annual Budget – FY 14-15 >>
- Annual Budget – FY 13-14 >>
Board Commissioner Candidate Packet - Elected Officials >>>
At the Consolidated Election on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, two (2) Commissioners for the office of Park Board of Champaign Park District will be elected for
- One (1) six-year term
Candidates for said office are advised as follows:
- Petitions for nonpartisan candidates for the Tuesday, April 6, 2021 Consolidated Election may be circulated starting September 22, 2020 for the filing period December 14, 2020 through December 21, 2020.
- Petitions and Statement of Candidacy, and additional information for prospective candidates is available at the office of the Park District, Bresnan Meeting Center, at 706 Kenwood Road, Champaign, Illinois. Office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Please be prepared to sign document stating you picked up packet)
- The first day for filing Petitions is December 14, 2020. Petitions should be filed with the Local Election Official (Park District’s Secretary) at the office of the Park District, 706 Kenwood Road, Champaign, Illinois.
- The last day for filing Petitions is Monday, December 21, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. Petitions should be filed with the Local Election Official (Park District’s Secretary) at the office of the Park District, 706 Kenwood Road, Champaign, Illinois.
- The election of Park Commissioner will be held at the Consolidated Election on Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
If anyone has any additional questions about the election and/or vacancies, please refer them to Joe DeLuce, Executive Director, at 217-819-3821. Or, if Joe is unavailable, please refer them to Jarrod Scheunemann, Board Secretary/Local Election Official, at 217-819-3831.
Petition objections may be filed with the park district’s Local Election Official/Board Secretary on Wednesday, December 30, 2020 by 5p.
For more information, please read our public notice: 201216 Public Notice – Petitions Objections Due by December 30, 2020 >>
Notice of Lottery For Ballot Placement
Notice is hereby given that a ballot position lottery will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, December 28, 2020 at the Champaign Park District’s Bresnan Meeting Center, 706 Kenwood Road, Champaign, Illinois. The lottery will determine the order of name placement on the ballot for the four (4) candidates for the office of Park Board Commissioner who simultaneously filed petitions at 8:00 a.m. on December 14, 2020, for the two Park Board Commissioner positions to be elected at the Consolidated Election on April 6, 2021.
The lottery is open to the public. Candidates involved in the lottery will be notified. However, candidates are not required to attend.
Jarrod Scheunemann | Board Secretary/Local Election Official
Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports >>>
The Champaign Park District posts comprehensive annual financial reports for public viewing. For questions, please contact the Director of Finance-Andrea Wallace by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-819-3826.
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (April 2020) >>
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (April 2019) >>
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (April 2018) >>
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (April 2017) >>
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (April 2016) >>
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (April 2015) >>
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (April 2014) >>
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (April 2013) >>
Performance Measurement Reports >>>
Performance measurement provides an objective and quantiﬁable way in which to see successes and areas in need of improvement. For questions, please contact the Director of Finance, Andrea Wallace by emailing email@example.com or call 217-819-3826.
- Performance Measurement Report-FY2020 >>
- Performance Measurement Report-FY2019 >>
- Performance Measurement Report-FY 2018 >>
Bid Results >>>
Bid Results include the statement and discussion of issue, bid submissions and summary.
Board Meetings >>>
View board meeting agendas, minutes and packets. Videos of regular meetings also available for viewing.
Board of Park Commissioners
- Craig Hays | President
- Kevin J. Miller | Vice President
- Timothy P. McMahon | Commissioner
- Barbara J. Kuhl | Commissioner
- Jane L. Solon | Commissioner
Officers of the Board
- Guy C. Hall | Attorney & Secretary
- Brenda Timmons | Treasurer
Management Team >>>
- Joe DeLuce | Executive Director
- Steven Bentz | Director of the Virginia Theatre
- Tammy Hoggatt | Director of HR, IT, & Risk
- Jameel Jones | Director of Recreation
- Chelsea Norton | Director of Marketing & Communications
- Dan Olson | Director of Operations
- Andrea Wallace | Director of Finance
- Andrew Weiss | Director of Planning
- Jarrod Scheunemann | Assistant to the Executive Director
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests >>>
In accordance with 5 ILCS, Par. 140/1, Freedom of Information Act, the Champaign Park District shall make available to any person for inspection or copying all public records, except as otherwise provided in Section 7 of this Act.
Persons may request public records either via e-mail or in writing. Requestors are encouraged to submit requests in writing to expedite accurate processing of their requests to Joe DeLuce, Executive Director (FOIA/Open Meetings Act Officer) or Jarrod Scheunemann , Executive Assistant (Alternative FOIA/Open Meetings Act Officer) at 706 Kenwood Road, Champaign, Illinois 61821 or e-mail requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be sufficiently detailed to identify the documents sought to be examined or copied. For assistance please call Jarrod Scheunemann at 217-819-3831.
Joe DeLuce, Executive Director
Jarrod Scheunemann , Executive Assistant
To make a FOIA request: FOIA Request Form >>
Municipal Directory >>>
Prevailing Wage Notice >>>
Notice of Adoption of Prevailing Wage Ordinance No. 632
Notice is hereby given that in accordance with Illinois Compiled Statutes 820 ILCS 130/0.01, et seq. the Board of Commissioners of the Champaign Park District, Champaign, Illinois, approved Ordinance No. 632, effective June 13, 2018, determining the prevailing wage rates to be paid to laborers, mechanics and other workers performing construction of public works for the Champaign Park District is hereby ascertained to be the same as the prevailing rates of wages for construction work in Champaign County as determined by the Illinois Department of Labor, effective June 2017.
A copy of the full Ordinance and the Department of Labor determination is available for inspection by any interested party in the main office of the Champaign Park District, Bresnan Meeting, Center, 706 Kenwood Road, Champaign, Illinois, 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. of each business day and to any employer, association of employers and any person of employee or association of employees who have filed, or file their names and addresses, requesting copies of the same. View the latest prevailing wage report at https://www2.illinois.gov/idol/Laws-Rules/CONMED/Documents/2017%20Rates/Champaign.pdf
The Park District’s population per the 2010 census is 81,055 and currently estimated as of July 2018 at 88,029. The Park District also serves the University of Illinois population and the City of Urbana through a reciprocal agreement with the Urbana Park District.
Public Act 097-0609 - Total Compensation Report >>>
In accordance with Illinois Public Act 097-0609, the Champaign Park District posts the total compensation package for each employee who has a total compensation package in excess of $75,000 per year. For questions, please contact the Director of Human Resources-Tammy Hoggatt by emailing email@example.com or call 217-819-3823.
Public Act 101-0504: IMRF Cost and Participation Information >>>
Public Act 101-0504: IMRF Cost and Participation Information
The Park District employs 72 full-time staff, 9 full-time 2 regular staff, and during a typical year approximately 600 part-time, seasonal, and temporary workers.
Truth in Taxation Notice >>>
A public hearing to approve a proposed property tax levy increase for the Champaign Park District will be held at on November 13, 2019 at 5:45pm at Bresnan Meeting Center, Champaign, Illinois 61821.
Any person desiring to appear at the public hearing present testimony to the taxing district may contract Joe DeLuce, Executive Director, 706 Kenwood Road, Champaign, Illinois, (217) 819-3821.