Do you think you’ve got what it takes to endure a 5K in the middle of a cold Illinois winter? Well bundle up because we’ve got just the race for you!
Frozen 5K | Saturday, January 14, 2023 at 9:00a
Ages 13+ (unless directly supervised by guardian)
Shake off the winter blues and embrace this winter run! Don’t (snow)flake out your fitness routine, test your endurance in this Frozen 5K. Participants will receive race swag to display your frost fortitude.
*NEW LOCATION*: Carle at the Fields
- You’ll have to search far and wide to find a challenging winter race like the Frozen 5K.
- Bring on the rain, the sleet, the wind, and of course the snow! Only thing that will stop this grueling race is a windchill of -18° F!
- You’ll stay toasty during the race with a cozy race hat and taste sweet sweet victory (or hot chocolate) out of the Frozen 5K mug! Registration will stay open online until Friday, January 13 at noon (race swag not promised). On-site registration, 8-8:30a (race swag not promised).
- Top male & female participants will receive winners’ plaques for conquering this frosty race!
- Even if you’re not a top finisher, you’ll still be able to flaunt those bragging rights of surviving the coldest 5K in Champaign-Urbana!
- After the race, make sure to thaw out with some complementary hot chocolate!