Have you ever thought about getting involved in local government? Here’s your chance! At the Consolidated Election on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, two (2) Commissioners for the office of Park Board of Champaign Park District will be elected for one six-year term each!
Potential Commissioners must petition for the ability to be placed on the spring ballot. Once one has received the appropriate number of signatures on their petition*, they can begin the election process!
*Disclaimer: Verify number of signatures required with the County Clerk who is the local election authority.
Board Candidate Packets are available for the public at:
Bresnan Meeting Center | 706 Kenwood Road, Champaign, Il
Candidates for said office are advised as follows:
- Petitions for nonpartisan candidates for the Tuesday, April 6, 2021 Consolidated Election may be circulated starting September 22, 2020 for the filing period December 14, 2020 through December 21, 2020.
- Petitions and Statement of Candidacy, and additional information for prospective candidates is available at the office of the Park District, Bresnan Meeting Center, at 706 Kenwood Road, Champaign, Illinois. Office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Please be prepared to sign document stating you picked up packet)
- The first day for filing Petitions is December 14, 2020. Petitions should be filed with the Local Election Official (Park District’s Secretary) at the office of the Park District, 706 Kenwood Road, Champaign, Illinois.
- The last day for filing Petitions is Monday, December 21, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. Petitions should be filed with the Local Election Official (Park District’s Secretary) at the office of the Park District, 706 Kenwood Road, Champaign, Illinois.
- The election of Park Commissioner will be held at the Consolidated Election on Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
If anyone has any additional questions about the election and/or vacancies, please refer them to Joe DeLuce, Executive Director, at 217-819-3821. Or, if Joe is unavailable, please refer them to Jarrod Scheunemann, Assistant to the Executive Director/Local Election Official, at 217-819-3831.
Check out our mobile app or website for more information on Champaign Park District Open Government!