We are happy to announce our highest Spring Soccer registration numbers in over 5 years! While we’re super excited at the number of registrants, unfortunately we’re low in numbers for volunteer coaches. Here is some important information and answers to your questions so you can get ready to coach this spring!
WHO CAN BE A COACH?
Anyone can be a coach!
DO I NEED ANY SOCCER KNOWLEDGE?
We provide practice plans & a hands on coaches clinic hosted by Illinois Futbol Club for all coaches every season.
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
For grades 1st-6th you must host 1 hour long practice a week on Tuesday or Thursday evenings after 5:15pm. Coaches are asked their preference on their day of the week & timeslot before schedules are made. Games are hosted on Saturdays between 9:00am-2pm. Games run roughly 1 hour long for all age groups. 7-8th grade programs run 2 practices a week, both on Tuesday & Thursday evenings.
WHAT STEPS DO I NEED TO COMPLETE TO BECOME A COACH?
- Submit the Youth Sport Coaching Form online >>
- Complete our Practice scheduling form
- Complete a Concussion Certification (30 minutes, virtually)
- Attend the Coaches Meeting & Equipment pick up at LRC on March 14th @ 6pm
- Optional – attend IFC hosted Coaches Clinic on March 18th at LRC
WHAT PERKS DO COACHES GET?
- Head Coaches get a $45 Household Credit
- Assistant coaches get a $20 Household Credit
- A FREE T-shirt!
- Fulfilling a strong need in our community & sharing the love of sports with kids!
Volunteer Coach at the Park District this Spring
This high demand program requires more volunteers, we need you! Share this post with your friends and/or family who would be interested in coaching this Spring!