Become a Youth Soccer Coach and share your love of the game with kids in the community.
WHO CAN BE A COACH?
Anyone can be a coach!
DO I NEED ANY SOCCER KNOWLEDGE?
We provide practice plans & a hands on coaches clinic hosted by Illinois Futbol Club for all coaches every season.
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
Kindergarten coaches will coach 30 minutes on Saturdays and supervise a 30 minutes scrimmage immediately afterwards. For grades 1st-6th you must host 1 hour long practice a week on Tuesday or Thursday evenings after 5:15pm. Coaches are asked their preference on their day of the week & timeslot before schedules are made. Games are hosted on Saturdays between 9:00am-2pm. Games run roughly 1 hour long for all age groups. 7-8th grade programs run 2 practices a week, both on Tuesday & Thursday evenings.
WHAT STEPS DO I NEED TO COMPLETE TO BECOME A COACH?
- Submit the Youth Sport Coaching Form online >>
- Complete our Practice scheduling form
- Complete a Concussion Certification (30 minutes, virtually)
- Attend the Coaches Meeting & Equipment pick up at LRC on July 18th at 6pm.
- Optional – attend IFC hosted Coaches Clinic on July 15th or July 22nd at 9am at the LRC
WHAT PERKS DO COACHES GET?
- Head Coaches get a $45 Household Credit
- Assistant coaches get a $20 Household Credit
- A FREE T-shirt!
- Fulfilling a strong need in our community & sharing the love of sports with kids!
This high demand program requires more volunteers, we need you! Share this post with your friends and/or family who would be interested in coaching!