The Dance Arts Conservatory began in 1976 and teaches classes in Ballet, Modern, Irish, Tap, and Musical Theatre Dance, to preschoolers through adults. The goal of the Conservatory is to provide an instructional setting which fosters all areas of the performing arts. The faculty strives to instill appreciation for dance through professional experiences and instruction shared with each student. We are committed to serving the diverse needs of the community and providing safe, high quality dance instruction. The Dance Arts Conservatory promotes self-esteem and personal growth, and it is our hope that the dance training, discipline, and other skills learned during dance instruction will be with each student throughout life.
We are currently in search for Tap Dance and Irish Dance instructors. If you’re interested, click below to apply!
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Monthly payments are due the 20th of each month.
- Fall 2023 Ballet, Modern & Irish: January 8 – May 18
- (No class 11/10 and 11/20 – 11/25)
- Spring 2024 Ballet, Modern & Irish: January 8 – May 18
- (No class 1/15, 2/19, 3/11 – 3/16, and the week of the performance)
- Summer 2024: June 10 – August 10
- (No class July 4)
- No Irish Dance classes held in Fall 2023
- *Deadline to register for Tap Classes and the NEW Jazz & Hip-Hop Class is October 12, 2023
- For all other classes, please see the dates listed on the class chart.
- 2023 Fall Dance Chart >>
- 2023-2024 Parent & Participant Forms– Fillable >>
- 2023-2024 Dance Arts Conservatory Handbook >>
- Dance Arts Conservatory Field Trip Permission Form – Fillable >>
NEW CLASS ADDED!
Have you ever wished you could learn two styles in one class? Here’s your chance! Come experience jazz technique for half of the class and hip-hop dance for the other half! In this class, you will first learn the percussive moves of jazz technique through kicks, leaps, turns, and isolations. The second half of class will be filled with powerful and dynamic street styles of hip hop and learning to find your own groove through movement vocabulary and combinations. No previous experience required.
Adults and children with prior training please contact the Dance Arts Supervisor at 217-398-2376.
New students will not be accepted for Core Ballet/Irish Dance Classes after October 1.