- This event has passed.
The Great Pumpkin Hunt
October 1, 2021 - October 31, 2021
Are you ready to solve clues to find pumpkins all over Champaign- Urbana? We’ve teamed up with Urbana Park District to hide kooky pumpkin cutouts in the parks throughout October. Get your detective gear ready and see how many you can find! Be sure to snap a picture and share your discoveries with us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts by tagging #CUpumpkinhunt.
Please Note: We have learned the green pumpkin with Nigel Thornberry or the “Smashing Pumpkin” at West Side Park has been stolen. We now have 30 pumpkins remaining.
Use our Pumpkin Tracker to find all 31 painted pumpkins in Champaign & Urbana Parks! Either print a copy or mark off the ones you found by editing the photo on your phone. Click on the button below for the Full-Resolution copy of the Pumpkin Tracker!
Clues & Locations:
Please note: Some pumpkins have been stolen. Here is the original list of clues matched with the pumpkin locations.
- BEARDSLEY PARK: This pumpkin maybe clean-shaven but that won’t stop its smile shinning in this Champaign park!
- WEST SIDE PARK: “The Heart of it All” is where you can find this Smashing Pumpkin.
- DODDS PARK (GREENBELT TRAIL): Don’t forget your belt when searching for the Polka-Dodds pumpkin!
- VICTORY PARK: Tennis players could get a VICTORY when they find this proud pumpkin
- BOULWARE TRAIL: There’s a mythical creature taking a nap after hiking this 1.25 mile Champaign Trail.
- PORTER PARK: This cute Cat-O-Lantern is waiting for you at this Champaign Family Park!
- CENTENNIAL PARK: It feels like 100 YEARS since we watched a new episode of Stranger Things!
- CLARK PARK: Move over toy trucks, we’re watching the sunset with our toes in the sand.
- HERITAGE PARK: Jack & Meg White’s iconic band should inherit this pumpkin!
- BRISTOL PARK: This toothy happy Jack-O-Lantern in enjoying the most recent renovated park in Champaign.
- PRAIRIE PARK: Get slimed if you don’t find this pumpkin at the site of our future Heath & Wellness facility
- HESSEL PARK: This pumpkin will help decorate Flannel Fest!
- SPALDING SKATE PARK: This pumpkin is stoked to see you shred at this Champaign skate park.
- CARLE PARK: This Illini football pumpkin is just yards away from the Urbana High School field
- KING PARK: We bet the BANK you have a SHOT to find this spotty pumpkin on the only court of its kind in town
- CHAMPAIGN BARK DISTRICT: The design of the pumpkin wags like the tails of our friends that will enjoy it!
- MAYFAIR PARK: The Owl House may fair better in this park than in the Boiling Isles.
- KAUFMAN LAKE: We invited this fairy to the party. Don’t leave her waiting lakeside alone!
- SCOTT PARK: Heart-eyed emoji fits well in this Campustown park!
- MEADOWBROOK PARK: Don’t OVERLOOK this green meanie at the largest Urbana park on the south side of town
- HENRY MICHAEL PARK: Piece togetHer this puMpkin to help find this Park!
- AMBUCS PARK: Batman loves to hang out near a baseball field that’s next to this accessible playground.
- SUNSET RIDGE PARK: Beetlejuice graduated from Harvard Business School. He travels quite extensively…and so will you to see this Northwest Champaign park!
- LARSON PARK: Frankenstein is green with envy over this pumpkin’s hiding spot in the park formerly called Wheatfield
- LEAL PARK: A Halloween jack o’lantern is perfect for this park that used to be a settlers’ cemetery
- APNC PLAYSCAPE: We think it’ll be second NATURE for you to find this kitty pumpkin while you PLAY at this one-of-a-kind park
- DOUGLASS PARK: Franken-Mike Wazowski could be in Urbana or Champaign in this park!
- TOALSON PARK: This pumpkin is happily in the park that was dedicated to the Champaign Park District General Manager from 1970-2001!
- DAVIDSON PARK: Church street has turned spooky with this cemetery pumpkin!
- SOUTH RIDGE PARK: It’ll be a Nightmare Before Christmas if you don’t find Lock, Shock, and Barrel at this park near two ladies named Susan and Myra
- TURNBERRY RIDGE PARK: This beautiful floral berry pumpkin will TURN heads!