Are you a lover of art? Here are a few ways to experience art within the Champaign Park District!
- Attend The Virginia Theatre’s 2022-2023 Season Opening Night on Saturday, September 17 starting at 5p. Vocalists Atrain, Kayla Brown, Ryan Byfield, AndrewDuncanson, RyanGroff, and DawnaNelson will perform with a full band on Park Avenue – in front of the theatre – before the screening of Incident at Kickapoo Creek.
- Take a stroll in one of our parks and view the art and it’s history in each of our parks. View our Art in the Park map to learn more about each piece of art.
- State Town and Country Amateur Art Show highlights the best of show and blue ribbon winners from the county shows held in the spring. Amateur artists from towns across Illinois, including our own Champaign County, will display their unique pieces at the show. Original work from both youth and adult divisions are displayed for public viewing. This will be held at Springer Cultural Center from August 27 – September 17, 2022. View the State Town and Country Amateur Art Show page!
- Take a class! We offer a variety of art classes whether that be drawing, painting, ceramics, dancing, and more. All of our cultural arts classes are located at Springer Cultural Center, visit the cultural arts page to view our selection of classes and register!
- You don’t want to miss the inaugural year of West Side Arts! On September 17th at West Side Park, the Champaign Park District and 40 North will join up to bring artists and art lovers together for a free juried art festival. Join us from 10a-5p at West Side Park to purchase and pursue amazing local and regional art showcasing a multitude of mediums! View all information for West Side Arts.
- Take a tour of Virginia Theatre! The historical Virginia Theatre is filled with historic advances in the technology of film, transitioning first from silent movies to “talkies” and later to 35mm and 70mm films, finally arriving at today’s high-definition, digital movie downloads. Schedule your tour today!