Hours: The Boathouse opens for special programs and rentals only. Kaufman Lake Park and the surrounding park land is open from dawn until dusk.
Kaufman Lake is often home to fishing programs, special events, and even the occasional group fitness class. All program and special event information is listed in our current Program Guide.
The Kaufman Lake Boathouse, as well as other Kaufman Lake amenities, may be rented for parties and group gatherings. Please contact Jenna.Martin@champaignparks.org to book your rental or for more information. See our Rentals page for other rental facilities.
Kaufman Lake offers outdoor fun for individuals and families. Picnic tables are located around the lake, and a variety of activities are scheduled throughout the year. For your safety, ice skating, ice fishing, and swimming are prohibited on Kaufman Lake.
- Kaufman Lake Boathouse
- The Boathouse is available for rent at $45/hour; $35/hour for Non-Profits. An addition $50 damage deposit is required. The interior comfortably seats 30 people and has a patio with picnic tables.
- Kaufman Lake-Fire Ring
- Reservation of a fire ring requires an approved park permit (see above) as well as payment of a $50 resident/$75 Non-Resident; $40 for Non-Profit. The permit application and fee must be received by the Park District a minimum of ten (10) business days prior to the date requested for reservation of the fire ring. Reservations are accepted beginning in January and lasting through October of each calendar year.
- Hayrack Rides at Kaufman Lake
- The Champaign Park District hayrack is available for rental at $80 for the first hour and $55 each additional hour (includes driver) beginning April 1 and continuing through November 1. Rentals may only be scheduled for Kaufman Lake on weekends only.
- Trolley Ride Rental
- The Champaign Park District Trolley is available for rental. $105 for the first hour and $80 for each additional hour
Kaufman Lake Park
For more information about the park and lake surrounding the boathouse, please view Kaufman Lake Park.
$71,286 Community Foundation grant to create an accessible fishing pier. Also in 2010, a $200,000 IL Dept of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DCEO) grant for Kaufman Lake Trail repaving.