Presented by The Nate Evans Group Realty!
We’re spicing things up at Flannel Fest this year with our FIRST Hot Pepper Eating Contest on Saturday, October 15 at 2p on the Main Stage!
Before we show you the Spicy Menu, let’s learn a bit about how we measure the spice levels of peppers, Scoville Heat Units (SHU).
“Scoville heat units, also known as SHU is simply a measurement of the number of times capsaicin needs to be diluted by sugar-water. The number of Scoville Heat Units (SHU) in a pepper or even hot sauce indicates the amount of capsaicin present. The higher the Scoville rating, the hotter the pepper.”-Nature’s Path Organic Foods Blog Post >>
Here’s the Spicy Menu:
- Jalapeño – 4,000 to 8,500 SHU
- Hungarian Hot Wax – 5,000 – 10,000 SHU
- Serrano – 10,000 to 23,000 SHU
- Yellow Fatalii – 125,000 SHU
- Red Habanero – 200,000 SHU
- Chocolate Habanero – 300,000 SHU
- Peach Ghost Pepper – 500,000 SHU
- Red Ghost Pepper – 900,000 SHU
- Trinidad Moruga Scorpion – 1,100,000 SHU
- Carolina Reaper – 1,400,000 SHU
The Ghost Pepper Store has also sent a few “tie-breaker” peppers, it is one of their own creations that has been tested at just over 1,800,000 SHU.
Are you 18+ and think you have what it takes to win our first Hot Pepper Eating Contest at Flannel Fest?
Register by October 13 (on site registration accepted October 14 & 15, cash only) to join the fun!
More Champaign Park District Fun!