May 29, 2021 is a BIG day for Centennial Park! We have three major events happening all in one park! Below is information on our Sholem Aquatic Center’s Opening Day, Prairie Farm’s Opening Day, and our next Summer Concert:
SAC Opening Day
**The Sholem Aquatic Center will be closed Saturday, May 29, due to low air temperatures.**
Sholem Aquatic Center Opening Day is a monumental one for our community. We are working hard to make our opening day a safe and fun way to celebrate the start of summer!
First 100 Opening Day pool goers will receive some CPD/SAC swag! We will post what it is on our Facebook Page!
Since we are predicted to be in the Bridge Phase of the Restore Illinois Plan, there will be NO TIMESLOTS required for entry. Sholem will operate at 50% capacity (800 people) and be open the following hours every day:
- Every Day
- (Season Pass Holders) 12-7p
- (General Public ) 12:30-7p
Visit our Sholem 2021 Season Update page for more information on Phase 4 & Phase 5 guidelines!
SAC has several options for Opening Day admission!
- Individual: $8/$12
- 3 & Under: FREE
- Twilight Rate (after 5p): $6/$9
- Active Military Members Veterans, & First Responders: $6/$9
$6 FRIDAYS! Everyone swims at the twilight rate all day every Friday!
Season Pool Passes
SEASON POOL PASS PERKS:
- Daily admission to Sholem Aquatic Center during public swim hours, Lap Swim, Walk the River, and Tiny Tots Splash Time
- No wait – just scan your pass and go
- Free entry to our exclusive Pool Pass Party
|Pass Type||Regular Fee
|Family of 2-3||$188/$282|
|Family of 4||$223/$334.50|
|Family of 5||$258/$387|
|Additional Family Members||$35/$52.50|
|Senior (Age 55+)||$78/$117|
50% off all pool passes on or after 7/15/21
- Say cheese! Photos must be taken of all season pass holders 4 years old and up. Photos can be taken at Leonhard Recreation Center during normal business hours, or at Sholem Aquatic Center beginning opening day.
- Each individual will receive their own key fob. Key fobs can be loaded with money and used like debit cards at the pool. If you currently have a key fob, you do not need a new one for 2021.
- To verify residency, a current driver’s license or utility bill must be presented at the time of purchase.
- Only family members may be included on a family pass.
- Kids must be 13 or older to come to the pool by themselves.
- “Try Before You Buy!” Turn in your daily admission receipt at the Leonhard Recreation Center front desk and get that amount off the purchase of a pool pass!(Note: Offer only valid if daily admission receipt and pool pass purchase are made the same day.)
Get a great discount every time you come to the pool! This easy-to-use card allows you 5 or 10 pool entries at a flat, discounted rate. Purchase yours from the Sholem front office. This card works any time the pool is open to the public for our regular swimming hours.
- 5 Punch Card: $35/$52.50 (R/NR)
- 10 Punch Card: $70/$105 (R/NR)
Sholem Morning Program | Only valid for Tiny Tots, Lap Swim, & River Walk
- 10 Punch Card: $35/$52.50 (R/NR)
Prairie Farm Opening Day
Prairie Farm is a replica turn-of-the century farm complete with barn, farmhouse, pond, pasture, & flower garden. Admission is free and the Farm is open to the general public from Memorial Day to early August and features a variety of your child’s favorite animals including cows, horses, sheep, pigs, goats, chickens, llamas, donkeys, miniature horses, peacocks, rabbits, turtles, turkey, and a beautifully established koi pond. Wandering paths and big shade trees make the farm a truly enjoyable destination all summer long.
- Farm Hours: Daily, 1:00 – 7:00 pm
- Petting Area Hours: Daily, 3:00 – 5:00 pm
Admission to the farm is free, but donations are appreciated. You may make your donation onsite or by visiting the Champaign Parks Foundation and designating your donation for Prairie Farm.
Weather permitting you and your family can come hang out and pet various animals. Petting animals is at your own risk, even though the area is supervised and the animals are tame. Tennis shoes or boots are required to protect your feet from the dancing animals.
Day: Daily (weather permitting)
This summer, gather your friends, family, and neighbors for our Summer Concerts. Audience members are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and refreshments. Please practice social distancing and keep your group in designated circles.
- May 29 | 1-3p | Prairie Farm
- June 9 | 1-3p | Prairie Farm
- June 13 | 6-8p | Hessel Park
- June 27 | 6-8p | Hessel Park
- July 11 | 6-8p | Hessel Park
- July 14 | 1-3p | Prairie Farm
- July 25 | 6-8p | Hessel Park
- August 15 | 6-8p | Hessel Park
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-819-3931
Want a job creating smiles in our community? Apply for Building Service Worker, Summer Youth Program Leader (formerly known as day camp), Champaign-Urbana Special Recreation, Operations, and more on our mobile app or Employment Opportunities Page! If you have friends who work for Champaign Park District, add them as a reference for our refer-a-friend program!