Park regulations help to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment in all parks and facilities. Please abide by these regulations.
- Pets are allowed in the park when on a leash. Please clean up after your pet.
- Alcohol is not permitted in parks or facilities.
- Park only in designated areas. Driving on the grass or through the parks is prohibited.
- Fires are allowed in proper receptacles only. Avoid leaving hot coals on the ground or in grills.
- Parks close according to posted signs.
- Vandals will be prosecuted and must reimburse the Park District for any damages.
- Groups of 25 or more wishing to utilize a park should complete a park use permit. There is no fee for a park use permit unless park permit holder has a concert, fund-raiser or similar event in the park. Insurance coverage may be required. Please call 217-398-2591 to include an activity on the calendar.
- A complete list of park regulations is available at the Bresnan Meeting Center.
- See the Park Use Policy attached to the left in the sidebar. It includes: Ordinance No. 618 (regulating the use of the parks and property owned or controlled by the Champaign Park District) and Exhibit “A”. (regulations and restrictions)
Personal canoes, kayaks, and paddle boards are welcome on Park District lakes. No motorized watercrafts are allowed.
Except when approved by the Executive Director, no person will use any motorized, nonmotorized, remote controlled or free-flying/gliding airplanes, helicopters, rockets, drones or any other unmanned aircraft systems on any Champaign Park District property. Whereas not already governed by this ordinance, the Champaign Park District will comply with all current and future regulations of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for the use of any Unmanned Aircraft Systems (USA) and/or Illinois Department o.f Transportation (IDOT), as shall be in effect from time to time.