Open 5:00a to 9:00p
About Champaign Bark District:
- Obtained: 2007
- Acres: 6.9
- Donors: Lease Agreement with Urbana-Champaign
- Champaign Bark District Aerial Download
Dog Park Tags Available
We are excited to announce that the Champaign Dog Park tags are for sale for the new electronic gate system. There will be a transition period for individuals to purchase their tags from now until January 20, 2020. The gate will lock on January 20, 2020 at 5:00a.
Tags can be purchased at the Leonhard Recreation Center. Online registration is unavailable at this time. You will need to provide a copy of your dog’s current vaccination records showing proof of distemper and rabies vaccination. These are both required to complete membership.
- One dog (Res): $41 + $10 fob fee
- One dog (Non-Res): $61 + $10 fob fee
- Each additional dog: $6
- Additional fob fee: $10/fob
Two Memberships For a Discount
Urbana Park District operates a dog park at 1501 E. Perkins Road. The two park districts have an agreement that allows members to purchase a gate fob for the Urbana Dog Park for just $10. Members must take a copy of the membership receipt to the Urbana Park District’s Phillips Recreation Center for the additional dog park access. Rules for both parks are the same.
Dog Park Rules
- The dog owner agrees to assume the full risk of any injuries, damages or loss connected with or associated with the use of the dog park. Owners are responsible for the actions of their dogs and may be subject to state laws and local ordinances concerning dangerous or vicious dogs.
- All dogs must be current with required vaccinations and be registered with the county.
- Member dogs must wear the county registration tag.
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park. Member must have a leash at all times. Members must also carry a photo I.D. with them and present upon request.
- Dogs may not be left unattended or out of sight range or voice command. A member age 16 or older must be present at all times and is solely responsible for the actions of their dogs.
- Children must be at least 6 years old and accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter the park.
- Dogs that exhibit vicious, fierce, aggressive, or dangerous behavior are not permitted in the park. Excessive barking is strongly discouraged.
- Female dogs in heat are not permitted in the park.
- Dogs less than 4 months old are not permitted in the park.
- Members must immediately pick up after their dogs.
- Food (people food, dog food or dog treats) is not allowed in the park.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the dog park.
- Members are limited to three dogs per visit.
- Dogs, owners, and users creating a disturbance or violating posted rules must leave the dog park if requested by law enforcement personnel, park personnel, or their designated agents.
Once we go live on January 20, 2020, please do not open the gate for someone. ALL active members have working fobs and are to use them to enter. If you forget your fob, you will need to return home and get it. The active fob not only assures you that the visitor is a current member, but also that their dog has required vaccinations. Violators will be warned and may lose park access. If your fob doesn’t work, please call 217-398-2550.
Infractions of any of these rules can result in temporary or permanent loss of park privileges. Call the Champaign Park District at 217-398-2550 for rule clarification or with any questions.
Your donation will help fund amenities in the first public area where dogs may legally run off-leash within the Champaign city limits. Help provide our best friends a stylish place to play – donate today!
- Top Dog ($10,000 +)
- Gold Bone ($1,000 – $9,999)
- Silver Bowl ($250 – $999)
- Bronze Biscuit ($100 – $249)
- Best Friend ($1 – $99)
Donations will be recognized on the Champaign Park District’s website and other communication materials. Please let us know if you’d like us to list your donation as a pet memorial; send us a picture and we may be able to post it in the future.