1501 N. Mattis Ave.
Open 6:00 am to 11:00 pm
About Dodds Park:
- 1969: Purchased for $298,495 via Open Space Acquisition Grant 1056D
- Acres: 104.0
- 1972: Named in honor of Park Board Commissioner D.C. “Pick” Dodds (term of service 1930-1971).
- Dodds Park Aerial Download
- Wintertime drone tour of Dodds Park (courtesy of the News-Gazette): Dodds Park Aerial Tour 2/10/15
Dodds Park Features:
- 4-Plex tournament quality lighted softball complex with indoor concessions and restroom facilities.
- 3-Plex tournament quality lighted softball fields.
- 11 tournament quality outdoor soccer fields of various sizes for preschool through adult play.
- Eddie Albert Community Gardens >>
- 18 hole disc golf course (2 pin positions: A and B course depending on setup).
- “Tribute to Olympic and Paralympic Athletes >>” by Jeffery S. Poss
- “Champaign County Worker’s Memorial >>” by Local Chapter AFL-CIO made possible by a $25,000 IL First grant in 2001
- “Prairie Grid” sculpture by Barry Henemann
- Greenbelt Bikeway Trail
- Disc Golf Course
- 1977: $58,989 IDNR LWCF grant to develop the Greenbelt Bikeway Trail which runs through Dodds, Heritage, and Kaufman Parks
- 2001: $25,000 IL First grant for the “Champaign County Workers Memorial” statue
- 2002: $90,000 IL First grant for soccer parking lot