*Morrissey Park’s tennis court is undergoing a resurfacing project and is projected to be playable by spring 2020.
*The existing playground at Morrissey Park is being replaced with a new structure to include swings, a small play area for ages 2-5, a larger play area for older children, a spinner, sandbox, and shade structures. Expect to see the new playground up and running by the end of fall 2019.
Open Dawn to Dusk
About Morrissey Park:
- Obtained in 1965
- Acres: 19.0
- Donors: Melissa M. and Dorrell S. Noel Purchase ($22,500)
- 5 Acres in 1998 from Land exchange with Unit 4 School District (portion of Centennial Park exchanged for leased area)
- Morrissey Park Aerial Download
Morrissey Park Features:
- “Shield of Chichen Itza” sculpture by James Johnson
- Morrissey Park Path: .73 miles