Champaign Park District provides two locations for 50 Plus! programs, Hays Recreation Center and Douglass Annex.
Join our 50 Plus! Program to socialize, adventure, and learn! Membership runs May 1 – April 30 each year. Individuals aged 50+ living in Champaign-Urbana join for an annual fee of $20. Those outside of Champaign-Urbana pay $30. Non-members are always welcome to participate at the non-member (NM) fee, varies per program.
$20 Residents of Champaign & Urbana /$30 non-residents
- Discounted rates on programs listed in the 50 Plus! section of the Champaign Park District Program Guide.
- Admission to play Cards & Games, Bridge Group, Bunco, Trivia, Wii, Chair Exercises, and Munchies at Hays Recreation Center. Non-members will be charged $3 per visit.
- Admission to Billiards, Cardio Workouts, Chair Exercises, Computers 101, Quilting, Coffee & Coloring, and Wii at Douglass Annex. Non-members will be charges $3 per visit.
- The opportunity to voice opinions at the 50 Plus! monthly meeting at Douglass Annex.
- Members receive 24 hours to register for yearly 50 Plus! trip before non-members.
Non-members are always welcome to attend 50 Plus! programs events at the price designated. There are many amenities free of charge at both Douglass Annex and Hays Recreation Center:
- Fresh coffee made every morning.
- Area to play cards or gather when space is available.
- Access to a computer lab based around class or appointment schedule.
- Hays Potluck every Thursday. If you do not bring a dish to share, then the cost is $4.
- Bingo; bring a gift to donate (Every Friday at Douglass Annex and every other at Hays).
Please submit your dues to the front desk at The Douglass Community Center, Douglass Annex, Hays Recreation Center or any other Park District facility starting Friday, May 1st. Your name will be kept in our computer records so that you can receive the special discounts and fee waivers that are only available to members; membership is non-transferable to other individuals. Remember to include the exciting Champaign Park District 50 Plus! programs when you start penciling in events on your calendar!
Check out all of our Winter/Spring 2018 programs!