- Sholem Aquatic Center: 217-398-2581 (open seasonally Memorial Day to Labor Day)
- Program Manager/General Questions/Coaches: firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-819-3985
- Weather Cancellations: Online Cancellations Page >> or call 217-805-4100 and press 6 for automated updates
Registration Begins March 14, 2022 for Residents of Champaign & March 24, 2022 for Non-Residents of Champaign.
Sholem Sharks Pre-Swim Team
Suggested Ages 5-7
Is there a swimmer in your family who wants to be on the swim team? Does your child want to swim more competitively, but isn’t quite ready? If so, the Sholem Sharks Pre-Swim Team is for you! Participants will be coached to work on stroke techniques and basic endurance skills that will help to prepare them for future participation on the Sholem Sharks Swim Team. Participants must be comfortable putting their face in the water and be able to focus on swimming for the duration of the 30 minute practice. Sholem Sharks Pre-Swim Team fee includes participation in swim meets, t-shirt, and swim cap!
Sholem Sharks Swim Team
Suggested Ages 7-18
Gain self-confidence, enhance social skills, and have a sense of accomplishment as a member of our team! Improve swimming skills and endurance through daily practices and weekly competitions. Swimmers must be able to swim a 25-yard free style comfortably with their face in the water. If not, we encourage children to enroll in our swim lessons or pre-swim team program. Swimmers will compete within their own age group in the East Central Illinois Swim Conference. All meets will be held on Saturdays. Swimmers must swim three meets to compete in the championship meet. Please review our Pool Closure Guidelines at champaignparks.org in the event of questionable weather.
Swim Meet Schedule
- June 11, 2022: Home vs Charleston
- June 18, 2022: At Shelbyville vs Shelbyville/Lincolnshire
- June 25, 2022: At Effingham
- July 9, 2022: Home vs Crystal Lake
- July 16, 2022: Home vs Indian Acres
- July 23, 2022: Conference at Charleston