If you are having trouble viewing the above PDF viewer, please click here to download the PDF file >>.
Interested in programs from our Summer Virtual Reality Program Guide? Click here to see summer programs. >>
Ready to Register? Sign up online here or click the program within the guide – it will direct you straight to the program’s registration page!
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
All players must have their own equipment including individual balls for serves. Players shall not touch opponent’s served balls, but return their opponent’s balls by use of racquet. Social distancing of 6 ft must be observed. Champaign Park District programs and private lessons have priority usage of courts.
LABOR DAY TOURNAMENT | Sunday, September 6 – Monday, September 7
Boys and Girls 12 & under
Boys and Girls 14 & under
Boys and Girls 16 & under
Beginner/Intermediate Singles Open (2.0–2.5)
Men’s Open Singles
Women’s Open Singles
Men’s and Women’s Open Doubles
Men’s and Women’s 35 Singles & Doubles
Men’s 45 Singles
Men’s 55 Singles
Men’s 65 Singles
Men’s 70 Singles
Mixed Open Doubles
Time: Singles draw will be posted here on 9/4. Doubles draw will be posted on-site on Sunday at 2:30p.
Location: Lindsay Courts, Centennial Park
Fee: Singles $25, Doubles $20/player
Entry Deadline: 5p, 9/1 (email email@example.com for Doubles registration by noon Saturday 5, 2020)
Because some residents are unable to participate in recreation programs due to economic hardship, the Champaign Park District offers scholarships to reduce certain fees and charges. Jimmy John’s Youth Scholarship Program applicants are not guaranteed fund availability, program registration or choice of program location. Early applications are given priority. Need is the primary criterion upon which scholarship applicants are considered. Questions: 217-398-2550.
CPD & CUSR Scholarship Forms will be used by any applicant who wants financial help with programs occurring between May 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021. Page 3 is for each child requesting assistance, so print multiple copies if needed:
- Champaign Park District Scholarship Form 2020-2021
- Champaign-Urbana Special Recreation Scholarship Form 2020-2021
If a participant would like to apply for more programs than space allowed on the form, please use the following form for additional program(s):
- Champaign Park District Additional Programs Application
- Champaign-Urbana Special Recreation Additional Programs Application
If you would like to submit your completed scholarship application with the required documents by email, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Outdoor Courts
National Tennis Rating Program Guidelines
Need help choosing a tennis program to participate in? See National Tennis Rating Program Guidelines:
- 1.0 This player is just starting tennis.
- 1.5 This player has limited playing experience and is still working primarily on getting the ball over the net, has some knowledge of scoring but is not familiar with basic positions and procedures for singles and doubles play.
- 2.0 This player may have had some lessons but needs on-court experience, has obvious stroke weaknesses, but is beginning to feel comfortable with singles and doubles play.
- 2.5 This player has more dependable strokes and is learning to judge where the ball is going, has weak court coverage or is often caught out of position, but is starting to keep the ball in play with other players of the same ability.
- 3.0 This player can place shots with moderate success, can sustain a rally of slow pace but is not comfortable with all strokes, lacks control when trying for power.
- 3.5 This player has achieved stroke dependability and direction on shots within reach, including forehand and backhand volleys, but still lacks depth and variety, seldom double faults and occasionally forces errors on the serve.
- 4.0 This player has dependable strokes on both forehand and backhand sides, has the ability to use a variety of shots including lobs, overheads, approach shots and volleys, can place the first serve and force some errors, is seldom out of position in a doubles game.
- 4.5 This player has begun to master use of power and spins, has sound footwork, can control depth of shots and is able to move opponent up and back, can hit first serves with power and accuracy and place the second serve, is able to rush net with some success on serve in singles as well as doubles.
- 5.0 This player has good shot anticipation, frequently has an outstanding shot or exceptional consistency around which a game may be structured, can regularly hit winners or force errors off short balls, can successfully execute lobs, drop shots, half volleys and overhead smashes, has good depth and spin on most second serves.
[COVID-19 Safety Precautions]
We want to keep you safe at Champaign Park District programs, parks, trails, and facilities. Please review our COVID-19 Safety Precautions for programs you or loved ones could be attending.