COVID-19 Safety Measures
PARTICIPANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
- Self-assessments and roster sign in for health screenings
- Face coverings should be worn at all times when 6’ of social distancing cannot be maintained-unless on the field during a game
- Group sizes are limited to 50 participants or fewer, and 30-ft of distancing must be maintained between groups
- Participants must wash hands before arrival or bring and use their own hand sanitizer
- Minimize sharing of high-touch equipment and if shared staff will sanitize equipment after each session
- Place personal items 6’ from other player’s items to avoid any contact
- Staggered activity start and end times to minimize contact between teams or groups
- No team/group meetings and no “high fives”, fist bumps, or handshakes
- No drinking fountains available (encourage water to be supplied by individual participant)
- Discourage participants and families from congregating before, during, and after practice.
SPECTATOR SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
We discourage spectators at this time.
- If spectators are present for games, they MUST sign the Spectator Log which can be found with the Site Supervisor at the facility.
- Spectators are encouraged to wear masks at all time, but required to wear masks when 6ft social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Bleacher seating will be unavailable. Spectators are encouraged to provide their own seating.
- Spectators are encouraged to sit in the marked “Home” & “Away” seating area of each field. No more than 50 people in the designated “Home” & “Away” sections
- Site Supervisors have the right to ask spectators to move to another area or leave the premises when maximum numbers have been exceeded or Safety policies are not being practiced.
IDDY-BIDDY BASEBALL – Summer Program
Introduce your child to baseball. Using our “iddy-biddy” equipment and some fun games, we’ll help your child learn throwing, catching, and hitting. Parent participation is part of the fun, so we encourage parents to join us. We recommend the players bring a glove. Please bring a bottle of water. If there is inclement weather class will be canceled for that session and made up at a later date.
MINI DRIBBLERS BASKETBALL CLINIC – Summer Program
Calling all pre-schoolers – this is your chance to be a big star! Mini Dribblers is designed to practice basic dribbling, passing and shooting skills. We’ll use 8’ hoops, just the right size to build skills. Players will be grouped with those of similar ability.
DOUGLASS MINI BALLERS CLINIC – Fall Program
This program is designed to help children learn basic dribbling, passing, and shooting skills using our mini basketball hoops and lowered rims.
Illinois FC Summer Micro Soccer – Summer Program
Places to Play Pick Up Games
The Champaign Park District maintains ballfields in many area parks. Please visit our Parks page and search the park features for “ballfields” to find a field near you! Note: the Dodds Softball Complex is open for programming or by reservation only – there are no “open play” times at Dodds. For more information about neighborhood ballfields or for Dodds Softball Complex reservations, please call 217-398-2550.
Additional baseball leagues, tournaments, and programs may be started at any time. Be sure you check out the current Program Guide to find any programs not listed.