- Buddy Form>>
- Player Evaluations (for coaches) >>
- Champaign Neighborhood Soccer Fields >>
- Youth Soccer Handbook >>
- Sports Manager Contact: Justice Milleremail@example.com
Volunteer Coaches Needed!
The foundation of our Youth Soccer Program is our Volunteer Coaches. Coaching is an experience that will make a positive and fun difference in the players’ lives and your own.
We offer free ASEP coaching courses for interested volunteers. To find out more, please see the Volunteer Coaching flyer at champaignparks.com/coaching.
The flyer describes coaching timelines, recommended experience, and league information.
Then, fill out a Volunteer Application and turn it in. We would not be able to run our soccer program without volunteer coaches!
IFC Summer Micro Soccer
Dates: July 14 – August 18
Location: Kenwest Soccer Field
Deadline: 7/6, $10 late fee
Youth Soccer Clinic
Enhance your skills with the Champaign Park District’s NEW Youth Soccer Clinic! This program is partnered with Illinois Futbol Club for our Youth Soccer participants who missed out on their Spring season due to COVID-19. Spots are limited to secure yours today!
Challenger British Soccer Camp
Challenger British Soccer Camps provide young players of all abilities with the rare opportunity to receive high-level soccer coaching from a team of international experts right in the heart of their own community. Campers will be exposed to individual foot skills, technical drills, tactical practices, small-sided games, and scrimmages. Soccer skills are coached within a framework of character development based on respect, responsibility, integrity, leadership and sportsmanship. We offer a cultural education too! Our ever-popular Camp World Cup Tournament allows us to introduce players to the geography, traditions, and culture of other great soccer-playing countries.
Each child will receive a free t-shirt, soccer ball, giant fold-out poster, and a personal player evaluation.
Location: Kenwest fields
Supplies: Campers should bring plenty of water each day. Full-day campers should also bring a packed lunch with a beverage and snacks each day. All campers should arrive at camp with sunscreen already applied, as well as with additional sunscreen to apply as needed (we recommend an SPF of at least 30). Attire: Summer active wear, shin guards, and athletic shoes or soccer cleats. Partial rebates are available for families willing to host the British coaches.
- TinyTykes-Cubs (ages 3-4) is a fun introduction to the very basic elements of the game. Small coaching groups, lots of running, kicking, laughing, and new friends.
- TinyTykes-Lions (ages 4-6) offers a chance to learn and develop basic skills, team concepts and fun habits. Emphasis on a variety of fun teaching activities.
- Half-Day Recreational (ages 6-11) develops individual foot skills, technical practices, tactical progressions and small sided games.
- Half-Day Competitive (8-14) is for the more advanced player. These sessions offer some of the same skill building as the Half-Day Recreational with a much stronger emphasis on competition and advanced play.
- Full-Day sessions (ages 10-14) are for the senior player and include a high level of individual skill building, tactical instruction, and an emphasis on highly competitive game-related activities.
Fall Youth Soccer
Learn hard work, teamwork, and social skills while having a great time! The leagues focus on fun, sportsmanship, instruction, and opportunity. All players will receive approximately equal playing time. Each league uses soccer balls, goals, and fields proportional to their age as recommended by the U.S. Youth Soccer. Teams will play six officiated games on Saturdays or on weeknights (depending on the league).
• Coaches Contact – Week of Aug 17
• Coaches Meeting – Aug 19
• Practices Begin – Week of Aug 24
• Games Begin – Aug 29
Uniform Fee: 2 team jerseys $12/each; shorts $6; socks $4. Purchase of uniform items needs to be done at Leonhard Recreation Center. Email will go out when uniforms are available for purchase.
Practices: Expectations on practices is once a week, although older age groups may go twice a week. Practice days are generally Tuesday or Thursday nights, starting no earlier than 5:30p. Games: Games begin on August 29 and are played Saturdays or a weeknight (depending on the league). Make-up games may potentially be played on Tuesday or Thursday evenings. Depending on rainouts and other factors, games may go until the first Saturday in November.
Location: Dodds Soccer Complex. Exception: U12 boys & girls will play against Mahomet & Urbana Park District teams. 14U boys & girls will play against Urbana Park District teams. Team Placement: Team placement will be done by the CPD Sports Staff. Requests for specific teams, coaches, or practice times/locations WILL NOT be accepted. However, completed Buddy Forms will be honored.
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-819-3984.