CPD Youth Fall Soccer Leagues
The Youth Soccer Leagues are the perfect place to learn hard work, teamwork, social skills, and have fun. The leagues focus on fun, sportsmanship, instruction, and opportunity. All players will receive approximately equal playing time. Each league uses soccer balls, goals, and fields proportional to their age as recommended by the US Youth Soccer. Games begin Sept 11 and are played Saturdays or a weeknight depending on the league. Games may go into the first Saturday in November. This is for Fall registration only. Spring registration is separate.
REGARDING UNIFORMS: Players will need 2 jerseys ($14 each), shorts ($8), and socks ($4). Purchase of uniforms items needs to be done at the Leonhard Rec Center. An email will go out when uniforms are available for purchase.
Date: September 11-October 30
Fall Soccer Leagues Practice Schedules
- 2021 Fall Team Practice Schedule >>
- 1st-2nd Grade Co-Ed Schedule >>
- 3rd-5th Grade Boys Schedule >>
- 3rd-5th Grade Girls Schedule >>
- 6th-8th Grade Boys Schedule >>
- 6th-8th Grade Girls Schedule >>
Illinois FC Soccer Programs
Summer Illinois FC Micro Soccer
Illinois FC and the Champaign Park District will now offer Summer Micro Soccer. Players should bring a soccer ball (preferably size 3), water bottle, and shin guards to each session. Soccer cleats are optional. All players receive a free t-shirt. For more details on Illinois FC Micro Soccer, visit www.illinoisfc.com.
- IFC First Kicks Soccer: The 3 year old classes introduce players to soccer in a fun-filled learning environment. Games and activities promote soccer skill and overall athletic development.
- Pre-K Micro Soccer: The 4-5 year old classes introduce players to dribbling, passing, shooting, and coordination and body movement activities in a fun-filled environment. Games and practice activities promote soccer skills and overall athletic development.
- Kindergarten Micro Soccer: The 5-6 year old classes prepare kids for the Youth Soccer League. Focus is on helping each player reach their potential in a fun-filled and challenging environment. Dribbling, passing, shooting, ball control, decision-making, and creativity are emphasized. Team play is fostered through group exercises and small-sided matches.
- Illinois FC Soccer Academy: The 5-6 year old classes is for players who are looking for a more challenging playing environment. The intent of the academy is to create a bridge between the recreational player and competitive player.
Location: Dodds Soccer, Field 17
Deadline: August 16
Late Registration: If there are openings, a $10 late fee will be added
Instructors: Licensed Illinois FC Coaches
Questions: email@example.com or 217-819-3984
- Buddy Form>>
- Player Evaluations (for coaches) >>
- Champaign Neighborhood Soccer Fields >>
- Youth Soccer Handbook >>
- Sports Manager Contact: Justice Millerfirstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coaches Needed!
The foundation of our Youth Soccer Program is our Volunteer Coaches. Coaching is an experience that will make a positive and fun difference in the players’ lives and your own.
We offer free ASEP coaching courses for interested volunteers. To find out more, please see the Volunteer Coaching flyer at champaignparks.com/coaching.
The flyer describes coaching timelines, recommended experience, and league information.
Then, fill out a Volunteer Application and turn it in. We would not be able to run our soccer program without volunteer coaches!
Soccer Goal Safety and Education Policy
This Soccer Goal Safety and Education Policy (“Policy”) is adopted pursuant to the Illinois
Movable Soccer Goal Safety Act, also known as Zach’s Law, 430 ILCS 145/1, et seq. (the “Act”).
The Act requires the Champaign Park District to create a Policy to outline how it will specifically
address the safety issues associated with movable soccer goals.
For more information, please review the full policy.