Sholem Aquatic Center (seasonal facility)
Sholem Aquatic Center is a family waterpark operated by the Champaign Park District.
Phone: 217-398-2581; 217-398-2550 (out-of-season)
Open seasonally from Memorial Day to Labor Day
Sholem on the Big Screen!
Plan Your Visit
Whether you want to relax in the shade, soak up some rays, or stay active and get outdoors this summer – Sholem Aquatic Center is the place to be this summer! In addition to great open swim options, we also offer learn-to-swim programs for people of all ages, after-hours rentals, birthday parties, Junior Lifeguard training, and more. Get the most out of your summer with a season pool pass and you’ll get to enter before everyone else every weekday!
The 2015 swim season runs from Saturday, May 23rd through Monday September 7th.
Also See Hessel Water Play
Public Swim Hours*
Weekdays: 12:30 – 7:00 pm (open until 8 pm in July; season pass holders may enter at 12 pm)
Weekends & Holidays: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm (open until 8 pm in July)
Lap Swim Hours
Weekdays: 6:45 – 7:45 am
Weekends: 9:30 – 10:45 am
Tiny Tots Splash Time (baby pool only; kids 5 and under only)
Weekdays: 8:30 – 11:45 am
Weekends: 9:30 – 10:45 am
*Reduced Hours: Our hours are reduced on weekdays when Unit 4 schools are in session. We are only open from 4-7 pm on weekdays from Memorial Day until Unit 4 lets out for the summer and then again when Unit 4 resumes school in August until Labor Day when we close for the season.
$6 (residents); $9 (non-residents)
Children 3 and under: Free
Fridays (all day): $4 (residents); $6 (non-residents)
Twilight rate (after 5 pm): $4 (residents); $6 (non-residents)
A season pass to Sholem guarantees that you’ll have fun in the sun all summer long! Members enjoy free use of Sholem Aquatic Center during all public swim hours, a special “early bird” admission time (12 pm on weekdays), and two free pool pass holder parties each summer! Plus, did you know that a family pool pass for three pays for itself in fewer than 10 family visits to the pool? For fees and other information, or to purchase your membership, click “Passes” on our registration page.
For the safety of our guests and staff, Sholem Aquatic Center closes during inclement weather. For up-to-the-minute closure information, please visit the online Cancellation Page.
The Sholem Aquatic Center is home to a wide variety of children and adult programs including the Sholem Sharks Swim Team, swim lessons, water aerobics, and the Junior Lifeguard Academy. For more information, or to register for programs, visit our Programs Page.
Sholem’s fun-loving staff hosts a variety of special events all summer long including an Opening Day Celebration, Father’s Day events, a water safety bash, 4th of July activities, late night swims, pool pass holder parties, and more! Visit our Aquatics Events page for more details.
Private Rentals, Party Packages, and Lawn Rentals
Whether you’d like to have the whole water park to yourself or you’re just looking for the perfect party spot, we’ve got you covered! No matter your budget, you can celebrate a birthday, entertain clients, say “thank you” to employees, or host a stress-free family reunion by choosing any one of our flexible party and rental options. We start taking party and rental reservations in early January on a first-come, first-served basis. August after-hour rental slots fill particularly quickly. For more information, including fees, please visit the Aquatics pages of our summer program guide. To book your rental, please contact Tony.OE@champaignparks.com or call 217-819-3885.
- The Beach is our 8,000 square foot main pool that includes a zero depth entry, play and spray features, and dump buckets.
- The Puddle, our baby pool, is made for our littlest swimmers and features a zero-depth entry, a slide that’s just right for little tykes, and plenty of seating and shade for grownups.
- The Sea is our crystal clear, always cool, 8-lane 25-yard lap pool.
- The Rapids is a 660-ft winding river designed to guarantee fun in the sun.
- The Falls is a 170-ft tube slide that’ll spin you down, twirl you around, and splash you and your tube out into The Rapids.
- The Plunge & Blue Rush are our 197 foot long enclosed body slides that empty out into the splash pool (Must be at least 42” tall to ride).
- The Oasis concession stand offers great eats and treats at reasonable prices with plenty of seating in the sun or shade.
- Sholem Aquatic Center patrons are protected vigilantly by our internationally-recognized and award winning Jeff Ellis & Associates® certified lifeguard team.
- Coast-Guard approved lifejackets are available to borrow free of charge for adults and children.
- Three beautiful shaded rental lawns that are available for your next party or event.