Parks & Pavilions
Park, Shelter, and Pavilion Contact
Please use the link below to make an online reservation for a park, shelter, or pavilion. Please allow 48 to 72 hours for a response.
*For Douglass Pavilion, please contact Mary.Howell@champaignparks.org or call 217-398-2576
Centennial, Hessel, Douglass, Porter Family Park, and West Side Park pavilions are available for private parties or reunions. Reservation requires:
- a signed agreement
- refundable $100 damage deposit
- rental fee (see below)
These must be received by the Park District a minimum of two weeks prior to the scheduled date of usage. Otherwise, rental automatically cancels and results in the pavilion reverting to a first come, first serve basis for the time in question. Non-residents may reserve a pavilion three weeks in advance at double the fee. Request rental below.
Pavilion Residential Rental Fees (2 hour minimum)
- Centennial & Hessel Parks | $35/hour; $30/hour Non-Profit
- Douglass | $25/hour
- For Douglass Park Pavilion, please contact email@example.com.
- West Side Park Gazebo (No seating available) | $30/hour; $25/hour Non-Profit
Damage Deposits are required for Pavilions and West Side Park Gazebo:
- More than 30 people, $100 damage deposit.
- Less than 30 people, $50 damage deposit.
- Hessel Park
- Mattis Park
- Millage Park
- Porter Park
- Powell Park
- Scott Park
- Spalding Park
- Sunset Ridge Park
- Toalson Park
- Turnberry Ridge Park
- Zahnd Park
There are many smaller shelters throughout the district available for rental which hold 15-20 people. Reservation requires:
- a signed agreement
- resident rental fee of $20 for 2 hours of use ($10 each additional hour)
These must be received by the Park District a minimum of one week prior to the scheduled date of usage. Otherwise, rental automatically cancels and results in the shelter reverting to a first come, first serve basis for the time in question. Non-residents may reserve a shelter three weeks in advance at double the fee.
Park Use Permits – Available
Groups of 25 or more wishing to utilize a park should complete an application for a park use permit. There is no fee for a park use permit unless the park permit holder intends to hold a concert, fundraiser or similar revenue-generating event in the park. Insurance coverage may be required for any type of use. Please see the attachments in the left-hand sidebar of this page for more information.
Hosting and/or inviting others to participate in food giveaway(s) and other items constitutes a special event requiring a Health Permit, fees, and insurance to the district.
Kaufman Lake offers outdoor fun for individuals and families. Picnic tables are located around the lake, and a variety of activities are scheduled throughout the year. For your safety, ice skating, ice fishing, and swimming are prohibited on Kaufman Lake.
- Kaufman Lake Boathouse
- The Boathouse is available for rent at $45/hour; $35/hour for Non-Profits. An addition $50 damage deposit is required. The interior comfortably seats 30 people and has a patio with picnic tables.
- Kaufman Lake-Fire Ring
- Reservation of a fire ring requires an approved park permit (see above) as well as payment of a $50 resident/$75 Non-Resident; $40 for Non-Profit. The permit application and fee must be received by the Park District a minimum of ten (10) business days prior to the date requested for reservation of the fire ring. Reservations are accepted beginning in January and lasting through October of each calendar year.
- Hayrack Rides at Kaufman Lake
- The Champaign Park District hayrack is available for rental at $85 for the first hour and $60 each additional hour (includes driver) beginning April 1 and continuing through November 1. Rentals may only be scheduled for Kaufman Lake on weekends only.
- Trolley Ride Rental
- The Champaign Park District Trolley is available for rental. $115 for the first hour and $85 for each additional hour. Trolley Ride Rentals do not include a driver.
Sports Field Rentals – Starting March 1, 2021 @8am
Champaign Park District has a variety of sports fields to use for games and practices. If you are interested in requesting one of our fields, please review our available fields below and complete the Sports Field Rental Online Form. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Field Name||GFP||LL||Slo-P||Pony||HS||Practice Rate||Game Rate||Supervisor||Lights||Restrooms
|Dodds 3/4-Plex*||X||X||X||$50/2hrs||$90/2hrs||$12/hr||$15/hr/field use||In Facility|
|Zahnd 1||X||X||$20/2hrs||$50/2hrs||$12/hr||$15/hr||In Facility|
|Zahnd 2||X||X||X||X||X||$20/2hrs||$60/2hrs||$12/hr||$15/hr||In Facility|
|Pitching Distance/Base Distance||40'/60'||46'/65'||50'/70'||54'6"/80'||60'6"/90'||NO PREP||Includes game 1 prep||Apr-Aug|
- Use of Lights or scoreboards for practices or games will be an additional charge of $15/hour
- Site Supervisors are required for all game or practice requesting lights & will be charged as additional $12/hour
- We will not accept forms until 8am on March 1st
Individual community members using the fields for non-organized practices must adhere to the following guidelines. Visit our COVID-19 Safety Precautions page to review requirements for programs and games.
Once the document is downloaded and filled out, the filled form needs to be emailed to Cody Flowers at email@example.com
Please Note: we will not accept forms until 8am on March 1st
Facility Rentals-Available at LRC
The Champaign Park District has a variety of spaces available for rent that can suit almost any need from a small meeting to a large sports tournament or trade show. For information about rentals or birthdays at a particular facility, please visit that facility’s page. For facility rental fees and policies, see the attachments in the left-hand sidebar. The rental coordinator for each facility will help you get more information about your rental including any necessary Rental Agreement Forms. For general assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-398-2550 and we’d be happy to help!
Facilities with Rental Spaces:
Bresnan Meeting Center
Douglass Community Center
Douglass Branch Library
Hays Recreation Center
Kaufman Lake Boathouse
Leonhard Recreation Center
Sholem Aquatic Center
Springer Cultural Center
Birthday Parties-Available at LRC
Our experienced staff and beautifully maintained facilities will make planning your next birthday party a snap! Choose from a variety of themes at several facilities to find the party that’s perfect for you. For more information, please contact the facility where you’d like to host your party or check out our most recent birthday party guide posted below. For general assistance, contact email@example.com or call 217-398-2550 and we’d be happy to help!
Facilities with Birthday Party Packages:
Dodds Tennis Center (seasonal)
Douglass Community Center (year-round)
Leonhard Recreation Center (year-round)
Prairie Farm (seasonal)
Sholem Aquatic Center (seasonal)
Springer Cultural Center (year-round)
Showmobile (Mobile Stage)
The Showmobile is a 16’ by 32’ mobile stage. The Showmobile is available for rent when not in use by the Champaign Park District.
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-819-3926