The scholarship program is designed to provide families of the Champaign Park District the opportunity to get their children involved in fun, safe, quality programs that they may not be able to afford without assistance. These activities help provide children with the ability to improve their physical health, to engage with peers of all abilities, grow self-confidence, strengthen their creativity, develop social relationships, strengthen their appreciation for the outdoors, and improve their technical skills and abilities.
Questions: 217-398-2550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPD & CUSR Scholarship Forms will be used by any applicant who wants financial help with programs occurring between May 1 through April 30. Page 3 is for each child requesting assistance. Print multiple copies if needed:
- Use for CPD Summer 2023 – Winter/Spring 2024:
- Use for CUSR Summer 2023 – Winter/Spring 2024:
Youth Scholarship Program Guidelines
- Applicants must reside within the corporate city limits of Champaign. Proof of residency is required. We will accept a voter’s registration card, valid driver’s license, or a utility bill.
- Applications and all required paperwork must be turned in at least one week before the program deadline. Please allow 5 business days for your application to be processed. Scholarships will not be granted if you have already registered and paid for a class in full.
- Reduced fees will only be available to those under 18 years of age or young adults still attending high school.
- There will be no full reductions given. Only partial assistance will be given, which allows for more people to participate. It will be the judgment of the Assistant Finance Director to determine the final amount of the reduction.
- Being granted a scholarship does not guarantee your placement in a program. Every participant will have to follow registration guidelines, which are listed in our Program Guide. Residents granted a scholarship will need to enroll in their program and pay their portion of the fees to be considered enrolled.
- Applications are reviewed in strict confidence. Information is kept confidential and is not a matter of public record.
- All information provided by the applicant must be true and accurate. Financial assistance funds are legally recoverable if paid and awarded on the basis of false information supplied by the applicant.
- All applicants will be notified of the scholarship outcome by email or phone.
Proof of Residency
Proof of residency must accompany all registration. This includes one of the following:
- Utility bill
- Driver’s license
- Voter registration card
- Other legal proof of residency
If you would like to submit your completed scholarship application with the required documents by email, please send to email@example.com.
Learn how you can donate to our Youth Scholarship Fund by visiting our Champaign Parks Foundation page.