Part of the fun of making art is displaying it. Budding artists and art enthusiasts are encouraged to enter their work in the Town & Country Amateur Art Show | April 2-April 30, 2022. This show offers non-professional artists and crafters the opportunity to have their local art work publicly exhibited and professionally judged. Eligible entries may represent any visual art media.
Who can submit art?
The purpose of this exhibit is to encourage AMATEUR youth and adult artists’ pursuit of artistic pastimes.
- have a degree in visual fine arts, commercial art, photography, etc.
- create art in the entered art form for a livelihood.
- teach arts, photography, or crafts as a profession.
What kind of art is eligible?
Entries must be new, original work created by an amateur artist. New work is defined as that which was completed within a year prior to the current show.
- Original entries are conceived, composed, and executed entirely by the exhibitor.
- Paintings and drawings may be of any artist-visualized subject.
- Exhibited photographs must be taken by the artist, but may be commercially processed and framed.
- Sculptures of all types and woven items, pottery, and other craft exhibits must be entirely contrived and created by the exhibitor from raw materials or basic elements, i.e. no kits.
Please Note: The committee may opt not to display any work(s) deemed inappropriate for public display by the exhibit host, The Springer Cultural Center.
Judging and Awards
- Each division is awarded a “Best of Show” ribbon.
- Blue ribbons are also awarded in both divisions to pieces that exhibit a strong quality of work.
- All other participants will receive a participation ribbon.
Recipients of Best of Show and Blue ribbons are eligible to compete at the State Town & Country Amateur Art Show in the fall.
Juror’s Critique | April 30, 2022
- A YouTube link of the Juror’s Critique will be emailed to all participants on April 30, 2022.
- Town & County Amateur Art Show Entry Form >>
- Youth Entry Fee: $6 first entry/$4 each additional entry
- Adult Entry Fee: $10 first entry/$8 each additional entry
All entered artwork must be delivered to Springer Cultural Center on Thursday, March 3, 2022 between 3:00p-6:00p.
Let’s show off your hard work-Enter Today!
Entry Form & Downloads:
Exhibit Date: April 2-30, 2022
Juror’s Critique Link Sent: April 30, 2022
Location: Springer Cultural Center
Due to Covid the reception may change and the show may go virtual. Please enter via the entry form as usual. We will email you if we have to make any changes.
Interested in more free art exhibits? Check out our Art Exhibits page for more information >>