Enjoy STEAM, arts & crafts, and indoor and outdoor activities all while social distancing. Children will be divided into small groups to enjoy many activities with their program leader. No backpacks are allowed. Each child should bring a snack and lunch in a disposable container. Drop off at 9:00am and pick up at 3:30pm only. Please no peanuts/ nut products.
COVID-19 guidelines below will be enforced and followed.
No program: 7/3*
Fee (Resident/Non-resident): $141/$191 (See Scholarships below)
Questions: email@example.com or 217-398-2376
CommUnity Matters Scholarship
If families live in the Beardsley, Douglass, garden hills or Bristol area, they may be eligible for free Summer Youth Programs at Douglass and Springer. Families will be required to complete CommUnity Matters paper work for each child. Please contact 217.398.2573 or email Katherine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Jimmy John’s Youth Scholarship
For families not living in the designated areas listed above, scholarships will be provided to offset the cost. All scholarship documents and information need to be sent to Tom Gilbert at email@example.com. After the scholarship is approved, you may register for the summer youth programs..
CPD & CUSR Scholarship Forms will be used by any applicant who wants financial help with programs occurring between May 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021. Page 3 is for each child requesting assistance, so print multiple copies if needed:
If a participant would like to apply for more programs than space allowed on the form, please use the following form for additional program(s):
Child Care Resource Services (CCRS)
Child Care Resource Service helps income-eligible parents who are working and/or going to school to pay for their child care. Eligibility is based on family size and parents’ income. Working families whose incomes are at or below 50% of the state median income level may be eligible. Processing the application can take up to 10 business days, once all the necessary information is received. Please pick up an application form from CCRS. CCRS approved families may register for summer youth programs by paying a $10 deposit per child/per session of the program. These deposits may be refunded at the end of the summer once all CCRS checks are received and there is a credit balance. If money is still owed on your account once CCRS checks have been applied, you will be responsible for the rest of the bill. Because the Park District does not receive payment from CCRS until one month after the service was provided, your deposit could be refunded as late as October.
Please Note: Champaign-Urbana Special Recreation is unable to accept CCRS payment due to changes in governmental regulations.
Questions: Child Care Resource Service (http://ccrs.illinois.edu/), 217-333-3252 or 1-800-325-5516
This safety plan was approved by Champaign Park District Director of Recreation, Champaign Park District Risk Manager, and Department of Public Health.
- Drop off/Pick up will be drive up
- no parents may enter the building
- normal drop off pick up enter from Church exit at Hill street (designated spaces for drop off waiting)
- No back backs or lunch boxes
- disposable only
- Water fountains will be shut off
- Groups will not interact with each other
- No field trips or water activities
- Facility Staff will disinfect doorknobs, hand rails, toilet handles, sink handles etc. (highly touched areas) every 2 hours
- Each group/room will have their own disinfectant cleaner and hand sanitizer
- Sanitizing will take place in between groups going in and out of the building or using different rooms for special classes
- Will do a health check upon arrival and mid-day
- A separate space will be provided for a child who becomes ill
- Children will be given their own individual bag of supplies weekly to use, glue scissors, markers, etc.
The groups will consist of:
- 1 leader/5 kids room 107, younger children 6-8 yrs. if possible
- 1 leader/ 5 kids room 108, younger children 6-8 yrs. if possible
- 1 leader/8 kids room 201, older children 9-12 years if possible
- 2 floating staff
Wellness Check Questions
- Y or N: Have you felt feverish?
- Y or N: Do you have a cough?
- Y or N: Do you have a sore throat?
- Y or N: Have you been experiencing difficulty breathing or a shortness of breath?
- Y or N: Do you have muscle aches?
- Y or N: Have you had a new or unusual headache (e.g., not related to caffeine, diet, or hunger, not related to history of migraines, clusters, or tension, not typical to the individual)?
- Y or N: Have you noticed a new loss of taste or loss of smell?
- Y or N: Have you been experiencing chills or rigors (rigors: a sudden feeling of cold with shivering accompanied by a rise in temperature)?
- Y or N: Do you have any gastrointestinal concerns (e.g., abdominal, pain, vomiting, diarrhea)?
- Y or N: Is anyone in your household displaying any symptoms of COVID-19?
- Y or N: To the best of your knowledge, have you or anyone in your household come into close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 (close contacts include household contacts, intimate contacts, or contacts within 6-ft for 15 minutes or longer
All staff and participants will be required to follow guidelines or will be dismissed from the program/camp leaderships.
All food items must be in disposable containers, baggies etc.
- Mask required
- 6 feet social distancing required
- Use 6 feet tables I child on each end
- Measure 6 feet or more between tables
- Measure other 6 feet areas by using tape to mask x’s on the floor
- Use hula hoops and chalk spray for lunches out in the park maintain the 6 feet
- Staff or children will go to room 109 until picked up
- Temperatures 100.4 or higher will need to be fever free for 72 hours without medication, 10 days passed since symptoms appeared, and a doctor’s note
- Will not be allowed to work sick
- Will quarantine for 14 days if they have been exposed to someone with COVID – 19
- Will have COVID 19 training
- Will have a symptom check list and go over it twice daily upon arrival and mid-day
- Will wear masks
- Leaders will be assigned to the same group daily
- 4 Staff full days 8:45 a.m.-4:00 p.m. (1 staff per group, 1 floater)