Friday, August 17, 2018 ● Saturday, August 18, 2018
5:00 – 11:00 pm ● 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Information for Applicants
With food trucks becoming so popular, food truck businesses are welcome to apply. Other than food trucks, only restaurants and catering companies are allowed to apply. Any first time vendor will have the initial $175 booth fee waived. DEADLINE to enter: June 15, 2018! See entry form below.
A Food Committee will jury all applicants in order to select food vendors to participate. Regardless of past participation, all vendors will compete annually for selection. In order to be considered by the jury, food vendors must adhere to the following:
• A proposed menu, including pricing, must be submitted. Other promotional materials describing your business, booth set-up, and menu items are encouraged but not required.
• In keeping with the event’s mission, local vendors will receive first consideration, but all are encouraged to apply.
• Pricing is in $1 increments with a maximum $8 on food items. This year tickets will be worth $1 each.
• Please note that food vendors are expected to be on site and ready to sell by the opening of each day and must close down operations at the close of each day in accordance with the festival hours. Vendors found violating this will jeopardize future participation.
• Vendors must serve at least one “Taste” size portion of their main dish item priced at 1 to 2 Taste Tickets ($1-$2). We encourage vendors to offer as many “Taste” portions as possible.
To minimize duplication, the Food Committee reserves the right to make final determination of the number and type of menu offerings.
The committee will rate vendors on the following categories:
• Menu Pricing: Do the items’ prices fall within the $1-$8 price range?
• “Taste” Offerings: Is there a “taste” available of main dish items? Is the “taste” priced between 1-2 Taste Tickets ($1-$2)?
• Menu Quality: Do they offer a variety of items that reflect the type of food they normally serve? Will the menu add something unique and different to the festival?
• Menu Type: Overall, what type of food does this vendor offer? Will it add a new or needed taste to the festival? If there is more than one vendor offering the same types of food, do they each adhere to the guidelines and offer a slightly different twist on their menu?
Applications are due by 5:00 pm on Friday, June 15, 2018. Applications may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the Hays Recreation Center, Attn. Zoe Southlynn-Savage, 1311 W. Church Street, Champaign, IL 61821. Applications received after June 15 will be put on a waiting list and considered only if space is still available after on-time applications have been reviewed. Vendors will be notified by Friday, July 6 whether they have been accepted or not. Entry fees will be returned to those vendors who are not accepted.
A $175 booth fee is required of all food vendors at the time of application. This fee covers the booth fee, any electrical needs, and a 10 foot by 10 foot tent (see below for 20 foot by 20 foot options). The Champaign Park District will cover the $75 health permit fee for those restaurants seeking a one-time permit.
Food vendors must donate 20% of their event proceeds, which covers the cost of the event and helps fund our Youth Scholarship Program.
Booth Spaces and Tents
Each food vendor is provided a tent and a display space within West Side Park. All tents will be ordered through the Champaign Park District. This year, the $175 fee includes a 10 foot by 10 foot tent. 20 foot by 20 foot tents are available for an additional $130. No other tents will be permitted.
• Each 10’x10′ tent will include one 8′ table and two chairs.
• Each 20’x20′ tent will include two 8′ tables and four chairs.
• Additional tables can be rented through the Champaign Park District for $10 per table.
Vendors are responsible for providing their own cooking and serving materials. Booth spaces are determined by the Champaign Park District staff and are based upon electrical requirements.
You will receive a map indicating your booth space and set-up details with your confirmation package in late July.
Security will be provided throughout the night, however, the Champaign Park District is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
Call 217-819-3931 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to participate, a certificate of insurance must be provided with the following coverage:
1. Workers Compensation Insurance
Workers Compensation Insurance MUST BE PROVIDED, if applicable, in statutory amounts covering all employees who are to provide a service under this contract. Employer’s liability coverage with limits of not less than $1,000,000 for each occurrence.
2. General Liability Insurance (Primary and Umbrella)
General Liability Insurance and/or equivalent with limits of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence. General Aggregate equivalent with limits of $2,000,000 for bodily injury, personal injury, property damage liability. Products/completed operation, independent, contractors, broad form property damage, and contractual liability.
3. Automobile Liability Insurance
For any motor vehicles used in connection with work to be performed, the Vendor shall provide automobile liability insurance with limits of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence combined single limit, for bodily injury and property damage.
4. All Risk Property Insurance
Property insurance coverage shall be maintained by the Vendor for full replacement value to cover the Vendor’s material, equipment, tools and supplies. The vendors shall be responsible for any loss or damage to any personal property that shall be part of this agreement.
To facilitate the application process, please ask your insurance provider to include the following information under the designated sections on the certificate of insurance:
The Park District, its officers, agents, and employees MUST be named as additional insured as respects to general liability for work performed by the named insured for Taste of Champaign- Urbana from August 18-19, 2017.
Champaign Park District
Bresnan Meeting Center
706 Kenwood Road
Champaign, IL 61821-4112