Taste of Champaign-Urbana 2019
Friday, August 16, 2019 ● Saturday, August 17, 2019
5:00 – 11:00 pm ● 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
View the 2019 Taste of CU Map with vendors, entertainment, & more!
Admission to Taste of Champaign-Urbana is FREE, however a $5 suggested donation will help support the festival.
Taste of C-U food, beer, beverages, and activities require tickets. Tickets are sold in sheets of 5 for $5 and are not refundable. Tickets can be purchased by cash or credit at the Ticket Tent in the center of West Side Park.
Arts & Crafts may be purchased using cash, checks, or credit cards at the discretion of the artist.
The following streets will be closed during the Taste of C-U through Sunday, August 18.
- Elm St from University Ave to Church St
- State St from University Ave to Church St
For travel information, visit www.cumtd.com
Street parking is available throughout downtown Champaign and in the parking garage located at Hill and Neil St. See http://champaignil.gov/public-works/parking/parking-maps/ for public parking information.
Bike parking is available at the bike corral, near the northeast entrance.
Handicap accessible parking is located at Emmanuel Memorial Episcopal Church (100 N. Park Avenue at State Street). For more information on specific accessibility, please contact email@example.com or call 217-819-3931.
Food and Beverage
Food and beverage tickets are sold in strips of 5 tickets for $5.
Smaller “Taste of Portions” are available at each food vendor and are between 1-2 tickets.
Beverage tents are located throughout the event and feature Pepsi soft drinks and bottled water. Visit out Beer and Craft Beer tents west of the fountain, and purchase specialty drinks from various vendors.
Medical attention is available at the First Aid Trailer located northwest of the fountain.
Music & Entertainment
Friday, August 16, 2019 – Illinois American Water Stage
5-6pm: Dearie (Indie/Folk)
6:30-7:30pm: Creole Stomp (Cajun/Blues)
8-9pm: Good Clean Fun Band (Pop/Rock/etc.)
9:30-11pm: Dayton Funk All-Stars (Dayton and Ohio Funk)
Saturday, August 17, 2019 – Illinois American Water Stage
5-6pm: Los Guapos (Chicha)
6:30-7:30pm: Mank n Sass (Blues, Roc, Funk, Soul, Hip-Hop, Acoustic Rock, Alternative)
8-9pm: Caleb Cook (Country/Honky-Tonk)
9:30-11pm: Sunset Strip (80s Rock)
Dance Arts Booth
Pottery Throwdown Competitions:
Dance Arts Performance:
2:30-3pm Saturday (Main Stage)
We are looking for some help this year at Taste of Champaign-Urbana! It takes volunteers like you to make this event happen, and we are so appreciative of your time! There are tons of volunteer opportunities at many times to fit into your busy schedule.
- General Volunteer Opportunities – Volunteer to help with Vendor Check-In, Ticket Sales, Volunteer Table, and Vendor Loading Attendant.
- Pie Run Course Volunteers – Volunteer for set up, registration, and helping throughout the race course!
Amateur Backyard BBQ Competition
Pie Run will take you on a 3.14 mile course that starts and ends at the Taste of Champaign-Urbana in West Side Park. Along the way we’ll treat you to water and pie stops provided by your favorite local bakeries and restaurants. At the end of the race, you’ll choose to finish either “pie free” or “flying pie.” Grab your jogging shoes and bring your sweet tooth – this fun event is sure to win the hearts of runners and pie lovers alike!
- What items are prohibited from being brought onto festival grounds?
- Alcoholic Beverages
- BBQ Grills (Open Flames)
- Fireworks or Explosives
- Illegal Substances & Weapons
- Large Coolers or Bags
- Pop-up Tents/Canopies
- Beach/Picnic Umbrellas
- Flag Poles
- All Pets (except Service Animals)
Failure to comply with the above may result in entry being denied. All containers will be subject to search. Bicycles may not be ridden throughout the park due to increased foot traffic.
- Can I bring a folding chair and blanket into the festival? Absolutely!
- Can I bring a tent into the festival? Personal tents and canopies are NOT allowed.
- Are there restrooms? Restrooms are provided near every entrance. We also have provided privacy tents on the north and west sides of the park for changing stations.
- Can I bring my dog with me into the festival? No. For your dog’s protection and for the public’s safety, all dogs (except service animals) are restricted from the festivals and you will be asked to leave the festival with your dog.
- Is there an admission fee to get into the festival grounds? Admission to Taste of Champaign-Urbana is free, however a $5 suggested donation will help support the festival in future years.
Cancellation Line (Rain cancellations, delays, etc)
Photos from Taste of C-U 2018: