KAUFMAN LAKE >> | 2702 W. SPRINGFIELD AVE, CHAMPAIGN
Dawn to Dusk
Donors: Stanley & Josephine Kaufman (park land) and Joan Swartz (lake)
Kaufman Lake is a great place to spend Memorial Day Weekend! Here are some things you can do while you’re visiting Kaufman Lake:
- Go fishing along the banks of the lake or on the accessible fishing pier. Visit our Kaufman Lake page to view the fishing rules & guidelines.
- Radio Controlled Boats: Remote controlled boats are welcome on Kaufman and Mattis lakes provided their operators follow lake rules, regulations, and proper boat etiquette. Excessive noise is prohibited.
- Personal Canoes & Kayaks: Personal canoes, kayaks, and paddle boards are welcome on Park District lakes. No motorized watercrafts are allowed.
- Admire the park sculpture, “Wind Chimes” by Jim Gladney.
- Take pictures with this year’s themed canoe in Kaufman Lake.
- Make a loop around the lake using the 0.75 mile paved path.
- Cruise along the Greenbelt Bikeway Trail >> that connects Kaufman Lake to Heritage Park and Dodds Park!
- After you’re done exploring, travel the 1.2 miles to Sholem Aquatic Center >> to cool off in the pool.
Subscribe to CPD Weekend Explorer >> to receive more Park Picks and information on Champaign Park District special events/programs happening that upcoming weekend.
MORE PARK FUN!